Week Fourteen: Distress Signal News!

We had way too much fun with the final project.

Alaina, Jordan and I immediately wrote our articles and filmed interviews after making an outline for the project. We created and customized a Tumblr page that provides background info and references our radio show. It was the perfect way to show our transformation from radio show to online news.

Our interviews were filmed separately but we decided to edit them all as a group. We used Adobe Premiere Pro because it offered specific effects that were needed to make our videos realistic. Thanks to Alaina’s experience with the program, our videos turned out so much better than we’d imagined. It took some research and hours of practice to understand certain special effects but we pulled it off! We used free video clips on Pexels Video and dramatic news music from YouTube to create an intro and outro for all of the interviews. This helped create a sense of uniformity among all of our interviews despite them being recorded differently.

I’ll admit it… we were ambitious. But it was all for the satisfaction of making something we could genuinely be proud of. I learned a lot about Tumblr and Adobe Premiere Pro, and I also discovered new resources for video footage through this project. I couldn’t be happier with what we made together. Check it out by clicking the link below!

Distress Signal News

It’s been a challenging but great semester, and it’s a little bittersweet because it is my last. I’m thankful that I was able to spend it collaborating and creating with everyone in the ds106 community. Here is my advice post for future ds106ers.

Posted in Digital Storytelling, Weekly Summaries

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *